GABC seeks new Executive Director
Position Description: Executive Director
German-American Business Council of Boston, Inc.
The German-American Business Council of Boston, Inc. (GABC) is a non-profit, member-based organization of companies, business people, and professionals dedicated to encouraging, cultivating, and fostering German-American business. Through our presentations, social gatherings, networking, and other events, GABC provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas, and for interaction among its members. GABC is further a source of information and expertise for enterprises and entrepreneurs seeking to engage in business in the region.
The Executive Director is responsible for driving the GABC’s agenda, including membership growth and fundraising. He/She is in charge of the day-to-day operations of the GABC, and organizes and participates at member events as a primary representative of the GABC. Focusing on the overriding mission of the organization to support the German-American business community of greater Boston, he/she is actively engaged in new ventures and in generating and carrying out ideas that support the mission, maintain its impeccable reputation, and grow the organization. The Executive Director works closely with the volunteer Board of Directors in making all major decisions. He/She prepares and attends monthly Board Meetings, which are an important forum for clarifying ongoing tasks, discussing challenges, and determining events.
Hours: Full time including occasional evenings and weekends.
Location: Work from home. Attend all Board Meetings and all GABC events and member meetings in various locations throughout Boston
Tasks and/or responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting the GABC under all organizational, financial and strategic aspects
- Facilitating business development & fundraising
- Processing and maintaining all documents, databases and payments relating to membership
- Preparing content for website and social media
- Answering all member emails and emails from the public.
- Conceiving, planning, carrying out, and attending GABC events
- Working with the Treasurer and other Board Members to create and execute on the organization’s budget
- Attending events organized by the German Consulate and other German organizations and partners in Boston, as a representative of GABC
- Maintaining and cultivating excellent relationships with heads of other Chambers of Commerce, Consular staff, state business organizations, and member organizations.
Minimum requirements for candidates:
- Fluent in both German and English (English is the primary language for conducting business)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good knowledge of and interest in both American and German culture/business
- Flexible schedule
- Outstanding organizational skills and intellectual curiosity
- At least 2 years’ experience in a business setting
- Event planning experience (Preferred)
- 4 year college degree (Preferred)
- Mature social skills and ease at networking events and fundraising.
- Knowledge of basic office computer software including Word, Excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or WordPress a plus
Salary: Base: $45,000. Bonus: Variable based on growth goals
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to the GABC search committee:
German American Business Council of Boston, Inc.
PO Box 920509
Needham MA 02492